A Matter of Kindness
One Sunday, Matt & I binge watched The Kindness Diaries. A guy travels the world on only the kindness of strangers – zero dollars. What I loved most about this documentary is that the people who showed him kindness were genuine in their giving and expected absolutely nothing in return. They were simply being kind humans. Little did they know that he would offer kindness in return, most often life changing acts of kindness. As I cried and watched I wondered what I could do to add more kindness to the world. I don’t have the means to buy someone a home, send someone’s child to college or finance someone’s career path.
Kindness isn’t only about grand gestures. Kindness can be everywhere! It can be as simple as smiling at strangers, lending a helping hand, listening to a friend, holding a door open, secretly buying a stranger a coffee or a meal, or volunteering your time. Kindness can show up in so many ways using the gifts we already possess.
I wondered what I already had that I could use to spread more kindness. I have a beautiful #SHIFTclubhouse space stocked with everything one needs to have some sacred creative time. I know incredible friends who also have beautiful gifts to offer the world! What if we got together and created a very special day for four beautiful souls? I’m so grateful that they gave a sacred yes. From our hearts to yours, A Matter of Kindness was born!
Our intention is to create a special day filled with love and kindness with no expectation of anything in return. It is our belief that giving and receiving kindness has a ripple effect. When we are kind to ourselves and each other it ripples out into our families, into our communities and into the world. I know I’d like to live in a world filled with more kindness!
We wanted to share our WHY with you. It means something a little different to each of us. (We made this video for our first A Matter of Kindness Day…just the dates are different this time! 🙂
Your A Matter of Kindness day will look something like this…
Lunch, beverages and snacks are all included. All the art supplies you need are also included. Of course, there will be some JOY SWAG! Connection with yourself and each other. You only need to show up with an open heart!
We’ll gather at the #SHIFTclubhouse at 9am-5pm on Saturday, January 13, 2018!
- Melsha Shea :: Truth Card class.
- Lauren Gahn of Lauren Gahn Massage Therapy :: You’ll receive a 30 minute massage tailored specifically to what’s happening in your body that day.
- Karl MacPhee of Health and Wellness with Karl MacPhee :: A 60 minute group coaching session geared towards personal development and the vibe of the group.
- Ann Hunting of Sage Stone Malas :: You’ll set intentions, design and create your own wrist mala.
- Lesley Johnston-Woo of Soul Tree Connection :: A 60 minute group meditation class. You’ll learn about meditation and experience a meditation together.
Nominations are open until November 25, 2017, 11:59pm MT.
You MUST nominate yourself! Before you think that’s too difficult, please know we’ve made it really easy. We’ve done it this way for a couple reasons. We are all guilty of not being as kind to ourselves as we could be. This is an opportunity to show yourself some kindness! If you’re nominating yourself you’re really serious about the gifts being offered. <3
To nominate yourself simply send your answers to the following 3 questions to Nominations@AMatterOfKindness.com:
- Share 5 words that describe yourself
- Name 3 people that inspire you & what about them inspires you
- Briefly share what giving yourself a day of kindness would mean to you
Easy peasy! Lesley, Lauren, Ann, Karl & I will select FOUR recipients. We’ll make the announcement on Dec. 1, 2017! We are super excited to share this experience with some beautiful, deserving souls! <3
- You MUST be available Saturday, January 13, 2018, 9am-5pm
- You can live anywhere but you must be able to get yourself to the event in Leduc, AB, on January 13, 2018
- If selected, this experience is non-transferable and has no monetary value. If for some reason you are unable to attend another nominee will be chosen.