Many Sides of Me
A few details that have shaped me into the person I am today!
If we were going to use labels, I’d start with these: I’m a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a heart centered event planner, a hostess with the mostess, a camper, a blogger, a seeker, a free spirit, a meditation teacher and a joy & happiness enthusiast.
Milestones that shaped who I am today: Being married to my best friend, I was a teen mom, I’ve been through a divorce, lost loved ones, turned 40, struggle with weight, went back to college at the age of 28, experienced miscarriages, watched my daughter fight for her life for two weeks with 3 months of recovery and most recently, about to experience an empty nest. My fam jam are the most important people in the world & friends are the family we choose.
Fun Facts about me:
- My name is pronounced Mel-sha. When my sister was a child she couldn’t say it so she called me Sha-Sha.
- I love snow from November to January and wouldn’t live anywhere that didn’t have at least one season of it.
- Why did my Mom name me Melsha? She saw my name on a Spanish belly dancer poster when she was 12. Said she’d always name her first born Melsha because she liked it so much. Glad I was a girl!
- I am Christmas’s biggest fan.
- I can’t decide if I love the Ocean or Mountains more.
- I love roasting marshmallows over the campfire as much as I love spending time in the Spa.
- Gerbers are my favorite flower and if I ever won the lotto, I’d have fresh one every week!
- I do a pretty wicked airport pick-up. It usually involves balloons, flowers & signage. Usually with multiple people.
- I like to make every occasion an event and I take great pride in creating experiences that make memories to last a lifetime.
- I’d set my alarm to get up at the crack of dawn to catch a great sunrise.